6. County Farm One-room School House
This frame structure was erected in 1865 for School District 11 to replace a log structure. It served as an operating one-room rural school until 1961. It stood on the Vogel property near the Sauk County Health Care Center.
St. Peters Lutheran organized and met in this building until November of 1867. The school was closed from 1940 to 1943 because there was only one student. He was tuitioned to another school for the three years.
On display are desks, books, maps and even grade books!
On June 22nd the School house will be renamed in honor of Mr. Bob Reed! More details to come!